U-STEP is an employment program that offers unemployed residents immediate work. As an executer of the U-STEP grant, Northcott is interviewing numerous individuals for employment positions in Milwaukee businesses.
To qualify, candidates must:
- Must be at least 21 to 64 years of age
- Must be the biological parent, adoptive parent or primary relative caregiver of a child under the age of 18, if age 25 and older.
- Must have a household income that is less than 150% of the federal poverty guideline for the household size in the previous three (3) months.
- Must have been unemployed for at least four (4) calendar weeks prior to enrollment into the U-STEP program.
- Must not be eligible to receive W-2 benefits and not eligible to receive Unemployment Compensation.
If you meet the qualifications, come to Northcott Neighborhood House to complete an application.
If you have questions, send us a message using the “Get More Info” form on this page.
Participating employers must:
- Provide a work opportunity that offers skills development/training in a demand occupation
- Provide adequate supervision
- Provide at least 20 hours per week, but no more than 40
- Report hours worked to UMOS on a predetermined schedule
- Maintain contact with UMOS in an effort to enhance the success of the U-STEP Transitional Worker
- May be from the private for-profit, nonprofit, or public sector